This is the blog! Sara of The Rosy Life is a creative do-it-yourself artist, photographer and mother. She talks about faith, decor, family & art projects on her blog. Check it out!
Here is a tour of the Christmas decorations I put up around the house this year. This year’s theme is “flea market Christmas”.
This tinsel wreath is a super easy DIY that can be tailored to fit any Christmas decor style.
What you will need:
1 to 2 Strands of tinsel garland (purchased at your local craft store-I got mine at Hobby Lobby)
1-16″ Foam wreath form (can change this depending on size of space)
Hot glue & glue sticks
Assortment of ornaments
Ribbon to hang the wreath
1. Secure one end of tinsel to wreath form with hot glue
2. Wrap the tinsel tightly around the wrath form. Glue occasionally.
3. When the wreath form is completely covered, secure the other end of the tinsel with a generous amount of glue.
4. Randomly add ornaments around the wreath-alternating colors and sizes. I wanted more tinsel than ornaments for this wreath. I used 11 large ornaments and 6 small ones. If you want a full ornament wreath, check out this tutorial.
5. Leave a space at the top for a ribbon to hold the wreath. If you are using it for a centerpiece or hanging without a ribbon, continue ornaments all the way around.
It seems as though every year I want to try something new with Christmas decorating. Several years back I tried decorating with aqua. Last year I did the farmhouse theme with burlap, gold and white decor. This year I want to add a flea market twist to everything.
I am loving these not-so-traditional Christmas trees. They are colorful, fun & whimsical!
I love design, decorating, cooking and DIY projects. My style is a mixture of cottage and shabby chic style with industrial and eclectic elements. [...]read full page